Direct Employment: Direct employment is the pursuit of jobs in high-wage high-demand industries immediately after earning a high school diploma or G.E.D.
Job Search Portals
Employment Preparation Process
Below is a general overview of steps that students should take before applying for employment:
- Complete a resume and cover letter
- Complete a mock interview: practice crafting answers to commonly asked interview questions
- Practice transferring information from a resume to an online application portal
- Create a LinkedIn profile
- Search for jobs on common search websites listed above and tailor resume to specific job posting
- Visit the 100k Opportunities Initiative to learn about companies that have pledged to hire youth between the ages of 16-24.
- Complete an employment application
- Research company and craft questions prior to an interview