Apprenticeship: An apprenticeship is a paid, on-the-job training program; participants work 2-5 years to obtain a journeyman’s license in a specific trade.
DC Area Apprenticeship Programs
Application Process Overview
- Obtain high school diploma and provide proof of passing Algebra I on high school transcripts.
- Complete application in person or online, depending on program.
- Achieve required scores on the program math and/or reading test.
- Participate in an interview.
- Obtain a job with an employer.
Apprenticeship Application Resources